Thursday, April 12, 2012

Potpourri: Obesity by tax bracket

I recently read a study whose findings indicated that women in a lower tax brackets are more likely to be obese than their wealthier counterparts.

To this I say a big fat "duh". Unless you're starving yourself, if you got no money, you eat off the dollar menu, or ramen. Cheeseburger and fries do not exactly help the waistline.

It's very easy to say, "Well If I had money for a personal chef and trainer, I'd be skinny too." That's true, but I know I still need to be making better choices. I can't afford a trainer or a fancy gym, but I can take community classes. Or run for free.

Food is still a problem though. Why is it that Cheap food is unhealthy, and healthy food is uncheap? Buying fresh fruits and veggies can kill a budget in a week. Try a farmer's market, a co-op, or growing your own. Or do what I do, beg your neighbors for leftovers from their gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...