Friday, May 18, 2012

Exercise for the Soul: Strong like a mountain


The picture above is me in "Mountain" pose for my yoga certification. The purpose of this pose is to stabilize and have a strong base for your practice. That got me thinking. How often are we off kilter in our lives because we don't have a strong base to come back to? It's hard to find balance without roots. My life has been crazy lately, and I need to identify my place of strength. Someplace safe where I can go back to and recover. Become strong. Then go out and take on the world again. That is what mountain pose is for in yoga. Either the one pictured or with hands in prayer. In between sun salutations or poses, you can return and center yourself before taking on the next pose.

Today I am going to practice Mountain both in yoga, and finding in finding my emotional base.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...