Monday, May 14, 2012

Fitness Tip: Workout Tunes

Some people like to workout without music. They like to focus on their breath and how each muscle feels. If I did that my muscles would tell me its time to go home.

I tried reading a book on the elliptical. The up and down made me sea sick. I tried listening to audiobooks, but my panting was louder than the narrator.

So I ended up making a playlist. And because I am a brat, some of the songs are somewhat sarcastic digs at myself. But it makes me laugh and motivates me.

 An example: Dixie Chicks- Ready to run, Beck- Loser, Ting Tings- That's not my name

I'm kind of weird, in that, I have had the same playlist for a year and a half. It's my running playlist. I have found that I can kind of zone out and chill my brain out if I know the songs that are coming. It's a little OCD, but it works for me.

Find what works for you. What keeps you in the gym. What helps you get through that last mile. Find what makes it fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...