Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 more days until ... Gulp.

2 more days until I run the marathon. I'm going to be getting up a 3:15 to catch a 3:45 bus. Then I'll get to wait by a fire in a barrel, trying not to freeze up Provo Canyon. Then, I can get smooshed like a sardine with the other 2000 people at the starting line. All so I can run for 5+ hours and burn roughly the equavilent calories to one pound of fat.

Why?

To prove I can. To prove to myself that I can do something that's hard, painful, and sometimes makes me cry... and still push through and finish. It's my reminder that I can beat anything. One step at a time. With lots of walking breaks. ;)

I'll post all about the race either late Saturday or Sunday. Assuming my legs haven't fallen off.

And in case you are wondering, the best things running a marathon? The finishers medal... And the after marathon meal. I've just burned 3500 calories. I can eat ANYTHING ;p

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You must be so proud of yourself to look at the changes you have made over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...