Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Full Body: Fleshy Confessions

If you've been reading for awhile, you know I am all about taking responsibility for my actions and choices. So it's time I confess a couple of actions and their consequence.

Choice #1 - in an attempt to focus only on getting through the marathon, I ditched the scale so I wouldn't focus on the numbers, just on how my body felt.

Choice #2 - Believing my friend when he said, you run marathons, you can eat whatever the heck you want.

Result: 12 lbs. extra on the scale. Lame.


Now I'm not fat by any means, just a little on the fleshy side. The high endurance training has just eaten through any muscled definition I had in December in my peak shape. My pants are snug, but they still fit. But when I look in the mirror, I miss seeing the contours of my waist, the slight curve in toned arms, to say nothing of a non saggy bum.

So no excuses. I know exactly what to do. Drag myself to the gym for weight training 3x a week. Zumba 2x and running 1x. Sunday I'll pass out. I'm starting on a 1500 calorie budget, but I will adjust as necessary if that is too little.

I'm not in a hurry. I don't need it off tomorrow. Or even next month. If I keep exercising and keep to the budget, the fat will go down and the muscles will go up.

I thought about taking a NOW picture for reference, but aside from my arms, it's really hard to tell with clothes on. And as much as I love you guys, I am not stripping to sports bra and panties for y'all.

So join me, or just tune in. Either way, it will be an adventure. I'll update every Wednesday

Today's Weight - 154

2 comments:

  1. Great after pic! I try to eat an all-fiber diet. It keeps me full and satisfied and flushes out the bad gunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that. thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...