Thursday, August 9, 2012

Full Body: Get Over It

This last week I went to REI for a new pair of pants to hike in. I tried on a pair. It fit perfectly around the waist.  Not so much around the thighs. Yikes.
I'm long waisted, so my sides dart in a good bit. That part's nice. But I have tree trunk legs. They drive me nuts when I try stuff on.

I complained to my husband who promptly said, "Get over it." He then told me that I looked great and so what if THOSE pants wouldn't fit right.

Upon further reflection, I think we often take a very micro look at our flaws or instances where one article of clothing or one photo doesn't look right. So what? Is that the whole of our image? That one photo? That one body part?

So I will keep trying to "Get over it" and focus on the whole presentation. I suggest you do the same.
Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...