Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rich Tummy, Poor Tummy

Today I have a word of advice, a cautionary tale really. If you have been on a restrictive diet, or recently cut foods out - go slow when you re-introduce them.

For the last month, I have been eating really well as result of the No Crap challenge. Then a few days ago it was my father in law's birthday. We had a birthday dinner in his honor. His girlfriend made yummy chicken enchiladas, but they were extremely rich and creamy. I haven't really had anything rich for a long while, so while it tasted good at the time, I have been paying for it every since. My system just isn't used to processing fatty foods like that, so my poor tummy has just been in agony for days.

The moral of this story is, when you haven't had a food in a long time, don't have a big amount of it. Just a dab will do ya. Give your body a chance to get used to it again. This can be especially true if you are going from a low or no carb diet, than all of the sudden start eating carbs.

It's good to switch things up and confuse your body, like in muscle confusion strategies or calorie varying techniques. But be careful and don't surprise your tummies too much or you'll be moaning and groaning like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...